Thanks for a great turnout!
Thanks to everyone who attended the 50 Ways Rockbridge meeting Tuesday night. About 150 people packed the Lexington Community Center and heard about all the work the different issue groups have accomplished since our last meeting. For those who weren’t able to make the meeting, here are some highlights and upcoming events:
- Tim Kaine is asking Virginians to share their stories about the Affordable Care Act. These testimonials are essential to the effort to protect access to affordable health care for all Americans. You can submit your stories to Senator Kaine here.
- If you haven’t already signed up to receive updates from 50 Ways-Rockbridge on the issues that interest here, please fill out this form.
Issue group meetings
- The LGBTQ subcommittee will meet today, Feb. 22, at 5 PM at the Lexington Presbyterian Church. For people who are new to 50 Ways and want to work with this committee, please come by! If you can’t make the meeting but would like to be added to the email list, contact Andy Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The County Unity group will meet on Sunday, March 19. For information about location and time, please contact email@example.com.
- The 50 Ways-Rockbridge Women’s Rights group and Rockbridge Valley NOW will hold a peaceful rally in front to Ben Cline’s Lexington, VA office to protest the recent vote by the Virginia House of Delegates to defund Planned Parenthood and Cline’s proposal of a “Day of Tears.” The rally will be Friday, March 3 at 4 PM at 6 South Randolph Street. Wear your pink hats, brown hats, make shackles, bring signs, bring a friend. We will be heard!
- Stand up for science this Earth Day by participating in the March for Science in Washington, DC. A bus for DC will leave Lexington at 5 AM on Saturday, April 22, and will return at 5 PM that afternoon. You can purchase tickets here.