The Republican bill to replace Obamacare has been leaked, and it’s a disaster. (See this link: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/gop-draft-health-care-bill-cuts-medicaid-insurance-subsidies-n725331?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_lw). We need to inundate Bob Goodlatte with protests. The GOP Congress has already shown fault lines on this issue, so we need to continue and expand our opposition as the vote approaches.
These are the bill’s worst two aspects:
1. Republican health care will eliminate Obamacare’s protection for pre-existing conditions for all Americans. This will supposedly be added in a separate bill, but that’s unacceptable. Any replacement bill must eliminate pre-existing conditions.
2. Republican health care will eliminate Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion. Republicans will lower and cap the total number of Medicaid recipients allowed in each state. This will cause millions to permanently lose their insurance.
Please call Goodlatte today and every day this week to voice your strong opposition. Again, here are the numbers:
- Washington, D.C.: (202) 225-5431
- Harrisonburg: (540) 432-2391
- Staunton: (540) 885-3861
- Lynchburg: (434) 845-8306
- Roanoke: (540) 857-2672