- Monday: Photo Exhibition in Leyburn “Evolution of Women’s Rights in Afghanistan” all day
o How has the role of the Taliban affected women’s rights in Afghanistan? We have gone back to the 1950s and detail the changes women have experienced before and after the Taliban came into power. The photo exhibition will be up all week.
- Tuesday: Panel Discussion “The Ceiling Isn’t Always Glass: Development and the Role of Women in 2017” 6pm in Elrod 116
o Professors Verhage, Fulcher, Shester, and Bond (philosophy/wgss, psychology, economics, law) will discuss how women in different academic fields been able to succeed, and what roadblocks they may have had to face in doing so.
- Wednesday: “Dessert and Discussion: Abortion, Sexual Assault, and Discrimination” in Evans Hall 7-8:30
o On International Women’s Day, students from VMI, W&L, and Mary Baldwin are invited to discuss difficult issues in women’s rights with about 13 W&L professors during this dessert reception. We strive to start conversations about the more controversial aspects of abortion, sexual assault, and discrimination during this event by creating a space in which students can be open about what they really believe in their discussion groups.
- Thursday: Art Exhibition with Arts League: “Women’s Rights in Color” all day
o The banner created on Sunday will be revealed in Commons.
- Friday: Write a letter telling your Congressman to support the International Violence Against Women Act at FUDG!
o AI collaborates with FUDG, where W&L students will sign letters and postcards asking Congressman Bob Goodlatte to support the IVAWA.