- Join us this evening from 5-7 for 50 Pints at Devil’s Backbone. We’ll learn about how we can support the BRAAF (Blue Ridge Abortion Access Fund.)
- Senators are back in DC this morning so we need to refocus on republican efforts to deny healthcare to millions and give a tax cut to the wealthy. Here’s what you can do:
- Go to https://5calls.org/ and look at the list of Maybe votes and Yes votes. Call friends and family members in those states and ask them to call their senator and register objections to the bill.
- Attend the 50 Ways Healthcare subcommittee meeting this Wednesday, July 12 at 5:00 pm at the Lexington Presbyterian Church. It’s a healthcare strategy meeting.
- Plan now to attend the 50 Ways-Rockbridge group meeting next Tuesday, July 18 at 7:00 pm (not 7:30!) at the Lylburn Downing Community Center. We’re still working on lining up a guest speaker; we’ll share more details when we have them.
- Plan to attend the NAACP Training on Saturday, July 22 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Randolph Street United Methodist Church.
- Meet Local Candidates for Virginia’s House of Delegates:
The Rockbridge County Democratic Committee Invites You to Dinner on Thursday, July 27, 2017 at the Virginia Horse Center on the Mezzanine. There are three strong candidates in surrounding districts who can use your support to defeat Republican incumbents in the VA House of Delegates. Questions? Questions? Contact Jay Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-261-8861.
50 Ways-Rockbridge will have a booth at the Rockbridge Community Festival on August 26. If you’re interested in volunteering at the booth, please send an email to 50WaysRockbridge@gmail.com.